National Voter Registration Day
On September 26, 2017, the Board of Elections will be joining thousands of elections officials and others across the country to celebrate National Voter Registration Day
(NVRD) with focused, nonpartisan voter registration efforts and related publicity campaigns.
Every year millions of Americans find themselves unable to vote because they miss a registration deadline, don’t update their registration, or aren’t sure how to register. National Voter Registration Day seeks to help eligible voters across the country participate in our democratic process.
On National Voter Registration Day, organizations from all over the country will hit the streets in a single day of coordinated field, technology, and media efforts to create broad awareness of voter registration opportunities and reach voters who may not register otherwise.
Join the Movement!
To help ensure success of the holiday, the Board is calling on community partners in Cuyahoga County including libraries, universities, nonprofits, and businesses – to join in this effort by signing up now as a partner and getting prepared to host a local drive on National Voter Registration Day. Volunteers are also needed to help register voters.
Sign Up Today! Partners should sign up formally in two easy ways.
Ways to Get Involved
- Register online at www.NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org. Choose the "Partners" tab to get started. Once registered, you will receive posters and stickers, and will be recognized as a national partner.
- Tell the Board of Elections you are participating. Contact Cathy Goskey to get involved by emailing email@example.com or call 216-443-6413. You will be included on local communication with other area partners.
There are countless ways to build momentum around voter registration in your community, but here are a few ideas:
How We Support You
- Virtual voter registration drive
- Voter registration at work
- Host a community event
- Spread the word about NVRD
Organizing an event can be intimidating, but we are here to support you! Together with Cleveland Votes
, we will guide you every step of the way to ensure you have the resources and training needed to conduct a successful campaign. This includes:
- Marketing assistance
- Training opportunities
- Voter registration resources
- Swag bag filled with resources and materials
Local support provided by: